Helping chronic wounds heal faster. When wounds heal, lives improve.
Our Advanced Wound & Hyperbaric Center focuses on chronic and non-healing wounds. Using advanced treatments and a case management model in partnership with physicians and nurses, we help patients improve the quality of their lives.
What will happen during your initial visit?
- We’ll examine you and ask you about your personal and family medical history so we can develop a plan of care just for you.
- We’ll examine your wound.
- We might remove dead tissue in and around your wound.
- We’ll teach you how to care for your wound at home.
- We’ll schedule further testing, if needed.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy?
Treatments include Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) therapy, an outpatient medical treatment in which a patient breathes 100% oxygen while under pressure in a hyperbaric chamber.
Once inside the chamber, you’ll be able to see out in all directions, and there is always an attendant in the room during your treatment. If you are feeling anxious about your treatment, the physician can prescribe medication to relax you and make treatment less stressful.
During the beginning (pressurization) of the treatment, you’ll feel a slowly increasing pressure on your eardrum. This is the same feeling you experience when landing in an airplane or diving to the bottom of a swimming pool. The staff will instruct you on the different methods of relieving this ear pressure.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is covered by most medical insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Who benefits from HBO therapy?
- Patients with diabetes and a wound that is slow to heal or is not healing
- Those with damaged tissue from radiation therapy
- Those with a skin graft that has a questionable blood supply
- Certain infections of the bone and/or skin
- Anyone with a wound that has shown no improvement in 4 weeks
Advance Wound Center & Hyperbarics
Platte Valley Medical Center
1606 Prairie Center Parkway | Medical Plaza 1, Suite 140
Brighton, CO 80601