As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Platte Valley Medical Center uses an evidence-based approach to care to reduce the time it takes to treat patients during the critical early stages of a heart attack. Such careful action ensures patients are neither sent home too early nor needlessly admitted to the hospital. Fewer than one in five Colorado hospitals offers this level of expertise when treating patients with symptoms of a heart attack.
Platte Valley Medical Center offers many diagnostic and rehabilitation programs for cardiovascular patients. Services include:
- State-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab
- One of the most advanced telemetry monitoring programs in Colorado
- Primary Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- A 16-bed Intensive Care and Step Down Patient Unit
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging Services
- Phase 1 Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Non-invasive 64-slice CT heart scans which deliver high-speed, high-resolution 3D heart images, to quickly diagnose cardiovascular disease.
Our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department is here to help get your heart healthy and strong again through individualized exercise, education, and maintenance programs.
PVMC’s Cardiac Support Group meets the second Thursday of each month. It provides a forum of mutual respect and courtesy about the challenges and insights your illness has presented. Meeting agendas include guest speakers discussing topics related to cardiac disease, and new information regarding treatment, medicines, and prognoses.
What are the Signs of Early Heart Attack?
- Chest pressure or squeezing
- Pain down one or both arms
- A feeling of fullness
- Shortness of breath
- Back pain | Jaw pain | Nausea
- Fatigue | Anxiety | Sweating
- Be safe. Act fast. Call 9-1-1.