This salad is loaded with antioxidants and makes a great light salad for those hot days in the summer. Serve it with a side of grilled Italian bread and crisp Sauvignon Blanc. Bon appetite!
- 6 cups washed spinach leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ¼ red onion cut into rings
- Pomegranate vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Arrange spinach on plate. Top with the berries and the cheese. Add onion rings on top for garnish. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top.
- 1 oz rice wine vinegar
- 8 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for the olive oil. With a wire whip slowly add the olive oil until blended.