It’s Friday! Why not treat the family to one of our favorite recipes. Seriously, when this dish is served in our Silver Aspen Bistro, everyone goes crazy for it. Easy, quick and delicious, and perfect for a cozy dinner with family.
Anaheim Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. raw peeled and de-veined 16-20 count shrimp with tail on (recommendation: tiger prawns! Delicious!)
- 1 tbsp. white wine
- 2 oz. Asiago cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Angel hair pasta, cooked
- Fresh arugula, for garnish
Place 2/3 of the scampi butter in a large sauté pan over high heat and melt. Add in shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, moving shrimp around the pan. Sizzle with the white wine and cook until shrimp are opaque, only about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining scampi butter, Asiago cheese and avocado chunks. Serve over hot angel hair pasta and garnish with fresh arugula.
- ¼ lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley leaves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Dash white pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
Mix in a bowl, with a wire whisk until all ingredients are well blended.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories: 460, Fat: 36 grams, Saturated Fat: 18 grams, Carbohydrates: 6 grams, Fiber: 2 grams, Net Carbohydrates: 4 grams.